Record-breaking Year as Leader Turns 30
Rainbow Light Celebrates 30 Years of Innovation and Leadership
Santa Cruz, Calif. (March 9, 2011) - In 2011, industry leader Rainbow Light® celebrates 30 years of natural health performance that delivers a difference in the health of consumers, promotes environmental sustainability, and supports people in need worldwide through innovative global aid programs.
30 Years of Firsts
- 1984 - First Food-Based Multivitamin
- 1995 - First Food-Based 1-per-day Multivitamin
- 1996 - First brand to integrate Vitamin Angels donations as a part of sales
- 2003 - First SafeGuard™ formulas compatible with common Rx medications and health concerns
- 2004 - First VeganGuard™ formulas guaranteed free of all animal ingredients
- 2009 - GreenDog Naturals® are first certified organic canine supplements
- 2009 - First and only Allergen SafeGuard™ guarantee for products free of gluten and top allergens
- 2010 - Certified Organics® multivitamins are first and only certified organic multivitamins approved by Consumer Labs
- 2010 - Eco•Guard® first and only supplement bottles made with 100% post-consumer recycled materials
For 30 years, Rainbow Light has been delivering proven health benefits for their customers through bio-balanced supplements that are based in superfood extracts with nutrients in optimal combinations to aid absorption and efficacy. In 2010, Rainbow Light completed conversion of its entire bottled vitamin line to sustainable, BPA-free and FDA approved Eco•Guard® bottles. The first and only natural supplements to be made from 100 percent post-consumer recycled plastic, the innovative Eco•Guard bottles are 100 percent recyclable and are keeping millions of plastic bottles from the waste stream annually.
"We are proud of the impact that using 100 percent recycled material is making on our carbon footprint: a 92 percent reduction." reports Rainbow Light President Linda Kahler. "Third-party research has shown this to be the best environmental packaging solution and we've seen tremendous retailer and consumer response. While natural channel supplement sales grew 5.5 percent in 2010, according to SPINs, we just closed a record-breaking year with over 21% growth.
Rainbow Light's sales success is also driving an unprecedented increase in donations to Vitamin Angels. As a platinum-level, founding sponsor of Vitamin Angels, Rainbow Light is committed to fighting malnutrition globally. In 2010, Rainbow Light donated 4 million vitamins to women and children in impoverished communities worldwide. Rainbow Light has donated well over 20 million prenatal and children's multivitamins since partnering with Vitamin Angels.
These nutritional supplements provide critical support to women and children who often subsist on such minimal diets as one bowl of rice and beans per day. Diets fundamentally lacking essential nutrients found in fresh fruits, vegetables and meat result in debilitating deficiency diseases. Especially in children five and under, something as common as a simple infection or diarrhea can lead to life-threatening illness. In 2009 and 2010, Rainbow Light prenatal donations to Vitamin Angels were targeted toward Haiti and Ivory Coast, reaching over 26,000 women. In 2011, the expansion of the program to Kid's One Multivitamins will additionally benefit children in Ethiopia.
For more information about Rainbow Light, visit www.rainbowlight.com.
(330) 472-3768 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Manager Product Information, Education and Outreach