- 100% recycled material
- 100% recyclable
- FDA approved
Reducing Our Carbon Footprint by 92%
At Rainbow Light, we are committed to reducing our carbon footprint and keeping plastic bottles from ending up in our oceans, natural habitats and landfills. Our Eco•Guard® bottles help us achieve these goals by reusing post-consumer plastic and encouraging our customers to recycle our bottles. These efforts will keep over ten million plastic bottles out of landfills each year.
Virgin Plastic Bottles
Glass (Virgin or Recycled)
|Reuse plastics previously processed from a fossil fuel, so no further depletion of new fossil fuels; FDA-approved for safety||Require fossil fuel to produce, further depleting supply; Over 1.5 million barrels of oil are used annually in plastic bottle production||Made from corn, requiring pesticides and fertilizers, drives cost of food up, and availability down; does not provide sufficient protection for product stability||Greater energy consumption and greenhouse gas emissions to produce, estimated at 2 metric tons of CO2 per 1 metric ton of glass|
|Keep 10 million bottles out of landfills annually; recyclable; allows participation in making positive impact on environment||Choosing virgin materials over recycled contributes to landfill problem; creates apathy and distance from environmental concerns||Can’t be reused or recycled with regular plastics, must go to commercial composting plants; discourages participation in recycling/re-use||Heavier product weight increases transportation costs and carbon footprint; often requires additional packaging to provide protection from breakage|
What Can You Do? Reduce • Reuse • Recycle
- Choose products in post-consumer recycled containers instead of those made with virgin materials
- Refuse plastic or paper bags when shopping and bring your own reusable fabric bags with you; if you are crafty, reuse “retired” household linens to create your own bags
- Replace disposable water bottles with reusable bottles that you can fill at home
- Reuse mugs, glasses, china and silverware at the office rather than disposables
- Reusable plastic or glass storage containers are environmentally friendly alternatives to disposable containers, bags and plastic or foil wraps
Remember, recycling is cyclical; each time we reuse and recycle materials, it reduces waste and preserves resources. By using post-consumer plastic bottles and encouraging our customers to recycle our bottles, we will keep eight million or more bottles out of landfills every year.
Click to learn more about innovative plastic recycling and the Plastiki Expedition.
Click to learn more about the Great Pacific Ocean Garbage Patch.